Monday, June 14, 2010

Air Asia FAIL

For once, I'm blogging in real time, not post-dating after I've edited and uploaded photos. However, right now I should also be in the air on my way back to Macau. At the moment, though, it is impossible for me to be both online and in the air, ergo, I am not in the air as I should be.

The day started off well enough - I got a bunch of work done while hanging out with Joyce at her office (in the PEMANDU unit of the Malaysian Prime Minister's office, which is very nice). We went out for a late lunch, hugged goodbye at the airport entrance, and I checked in, went through security, etc. I even had time to stop at the airport McDonalds for a much-needed "Pineapple Passion McFlurry" (which must be a flavor unique to Malaysia or at least to SE Asia, because I haven't seen it even in Macau) and bought a jar of kaya with my leftover ringgit.

The first sign of trouble was when we got on the plane and it seemed, no, it WAS unusually warm. The captain apologized for the stuffiness: apparently the auxiliary power unit that normally powers ground AC was broken, but the AC should kick in again once the main engines were started. I took out my hand fan only to find that one end of the fabric had come unglued from the frame, but it was still usable enough to generate a slight breeze.

After another 10 minutes, however, we all started getting antsy, and the flight attendants at the front entrance looked worried. The captain also came out of the cockpit and looked out the front entrance, and then we knew something else must be up. I have no idea what this means, but if someone could explain this announcement, I would be much obliged: "The plane's nose oil is low...the plane's nose is lower than usual, so we can't close the door." Everyone got off the plane and we waited out on the tarmac for a while before being directed back to the (thankfully air-conditioned) waiting area while the plane was being repaired. That's where I am now...I can only hope the plane will get fixed and we'll be able to get off the ground in the next hour or so, so I can get back home before midnight -_-

EDIT: We got back on the plane a few minutes after I posted this, and finally landed around 10 PM. Photos below:
Uh, what's going on...

Everyone waiting around

No comments:

Post a Comment